U.S. Department of Commerce Announces Availability of $1.5 Billion in CARES Act Funds to Aid Communities Impacted by the Coronavirus Pandemic ( HERE )
- S. Secretary of Commerce Wilbur Ross today announced that the Department’s Economic Development Administration (EDA) is now accepting applications from eligible grantees for Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) supplemental funds (EDA CARES Act Recovery Assistance) intended to help communities prevent, prepare for, and respond to coronavirus.
IRS: Three New Credits are Available to Many Businesses Hit by COVID-19 ( HERE )
- The Internal Revenue Service today reminds employers affected by COVID-19 about three important new credits available to them.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: FDA Continues to Combat Fraudulent COVID-19 Medical Products ( HERE )
- Today, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration is providing an update on the agency’s efforts to combat the extremely concerning actions by companies and individuals that are exploiting or taking advantage of widespread fear among consumers during the COVID-19 pandemic.
How We Make Decisions during COVID-19 to get Supplies to the Right Place at the Right Time ( HERE )
- Experts from FEMA and HHS collect critical data, analyzed the data, communicate findings, and distribute supplies.
U.S. Department of Labor Awards Over $10 Million in Dislocated Worker Grants In Response to the Coronavirus Public Health Emergency ( HERE )
- The U.S. Department of Labor announced the award of six Dislocated Worker Grants (DWGs) totaling $10,012,821 to help address the workforce-related impacts of the public health emergency related to the coronavirus.
Air Force Chaplains Continue to Inspire Despite COVID-19 Restrictions ( HERE )
- With restrictions in place to keep people safe and mitigate the spread of COVID-19, chaplains at Dover Air Force Base, Del., channeled their creativity into finding new ways of inspiring airmen and offering innovative methods to support spiritual resilience.
Puppies Bring Stress Relief to Those Fighting COVID-19 ( HERE )
- New York National Guard soldiers, airmen and active duty and civilian medical providers fighting COVID-19 in New York City are getting the benefit of licks and a wagging tail to lift their spirits.