“As one family, we mourn every precious life that’s been lost. I pledge in their honor that we will develop a vaccine, and we will defeat the virus.” – President Donald J. Trump
- President Trump has aggressively responded to growing cases in hot spot states, surging personnel, testing, and therapeutics to areas in need.
- The Trump Administration currently has zero unfilled requests for equipment from governors.
- Nearly 7,000 National Guard and military medical personnel are deployed in Texas, California, Florida, and Arizona.
- Fatalities have fallen 7% since mid-April and the case fatality rate is now lower than Europe and much of the world.
- Multiple vaccine candidates will reach the final stage of clinical trials this month – a record timeframe.
- All the top vaccine candidates are being mass produced simultaneously with trials to ensure their distribution to Americans as quickly as possible.
- The President has urged Americans to continue wearing masks, practicing social distancing, and protecting the vulnerable.